[CentOS] Interim RPMs for vmsplice() issue

Erek Dyskant erek at blumenthals.com
Tue Feb 12 21:37:57 UTC 2008

> I would like to suggest if you could is that you also make 53.1.4 (maybe
> put 53.1.4.cve20080600 as the release tag) patched available since a lot
> of people have to run 53.1.4 because of broken nfs in 53.1.6

The full set of RPMs as suggested is at http://erek.blumenthals.com/blog
now.  I made several changes:  I changed the release tag to
53.1.5.cve20080600 to make sure that they get picked out by people who
use internal repositories, and to indicate immediately that it's a
'later' version.  I also used my patch from the kernel upstream rather
than the patch you attached.

The patch is online in the same directory as the kernels for review.

> However - I don't know if their update will fix the nfs issues that
> cause people to want to keep using 53.1.4, and it would be too bad if
> they didn't.

The update is out, and as I'm sure you know now, it doesn't include the
nfs fix.

Cheers,
Erek