[CentOS] error creating Centos 5.1 x32 dum_U instance on CentOS 5.1 x64

Tom Brown tom at ng23.net
Fri Feb 29 10:34:40 UTC 2008

> Are you sure? I've read on a few different sites / emails that people
> do this, mainly because the 64bit version can handle the large amounts
> of memory typically found in dedicated servers.

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-5-manual/Virtualization-en-US/ch-virt-hw-support.html

"With Red Hat Virtualization, 32-bit hosts runs only 32-bit paravirtual
guests. 64-bit hosts runs only 64-bit paravirtual guests. And a 64-bit
full virtualization host runs 32-bit, 32-bit PAE, or 64-bit guests. A
32-bit full virtualization host runs both PAE and non-PAE full
virtualization guests."