[CentOS] Could not connect to host box.domain.tld

mouss mouss at netoyen.net
Thu Jan 24 21:46:32 UTC 2008

Craig White wrote:
> well, the opportune time to switch is probably when you are starting to
> set up a new mail server.
>
> Dovecot is mostly featureless POP3/IMAP

Come on. is it holy war time again? should I shoot over cyrus software
now or should we keep this list clean? If you like cryus software, I am
happy for you. If you've done a an serious/objective comparative study,
put it a on a web page (and ask for comments). Debating this here is not
constructive nor fair.
> Cyrus-imapd has built-in...
> - quota
> - automatic folder, subscription, sieve scripts
> - sieve instead of procmail
> - automatic actions such as purging folders, search indexing on schedule
> - delayed expunge
> - shared mailboxes (ACL based)
> - public mailboxes
> - idled support
> - support for virtual users
>   (no need to have uses with shell/users folders)
> - easy integration with LDAP
> - separate directory for mail store (not in users folders)
>
> The theory that I used to select cyrus-imapd is/was the idea that if
> e-mail is the power application that everyone needs/uses, why not give
> it the maximum performance/features?

I've been told this a lot of times,  ... about MS Exchange ;-p but this
list is about CentOS, so I'll stop here.