[CentOS] Re: install issues

Dan likuidkewl at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 17:05:51 UTC 2008

<hescominsoon at emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com> wrote:
> https install is painfully slow(as i only have a 3 megabit connection)
> but it at least tries to install..after fighting timeouts and other
> connectivity issues.
>
> 32 bi installs fine..64 bit refuses to install saying i don't have the
> cd in the drive(irregardless if i am using cd's or dvd's.)
>
> the https install has died 4 times now saying it's timing
> out..unfortunately the other 5 machines here are not having any issues.
>
> I need a machine working pretty quick..if this is not solved soon i'll
> send this back and build one myself.

This may have been covered already but, if I remember correctly I had
to pass 3 power management options to the 64bit DVD to install it
correctly.
When booting the DVD/CD I passed w/o quotes "noacpi noapic apm=off"
This, for me, disables most if not all of the power management
features that _sometimes_ cause irq conflicts in both 32 and 64 bit
versions.

HTH

--
Dan Maranville