[CentOS] 3Ware 9690SA

Ruslan Sivak russ at vshift.com
Fri Jun 6 17:20:31 UTC 2008

Jeff wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 11:58 AM, Ruslan Sivak <russ at vshift.com> wrote:
>
>> Tim Verhoeven wrote:

>>> That controller requires a newer version of the 3ware driver. I'm
>>> pretty sure the 5.2 will have that driver. So if you can wait a bit
>>> longer...
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Tim
>>>

>> For production use, I can, but currently we are testing these servers, and I
>> would like to get them up and running.  Is there a way to load a driver on
>> an already running system, or load it for anaconda?  Something similar to F6
>> in windows?
>>

> Yes, anaconda supports the concept of a driver disk.
>
> http://www.centos.org/docs/2/rhl-ig-as-x86-en-2.1/ch-driverdisk.html
>
> And 3ware offers a disk image download for 9690SA/RHEL5.

Thank you.  I noticed that they said in the docs to install by using
linux dd.  3ware provides a zip file with the drivers, not a disk image,
AFAIK.  I burned the contents of the zip to a cd, but anaconda fails to
recognize it.  It keeps complaining about not being able to find a fat
or a ext3 filesystem on the driver disk.

I don't have a floppy drive, only a cdrom and a flash drive.  Do I need
to get a floppy drive in order for this to work?

Russ