[CentOS] 3Ware 9690SA

Victor Padro vpadro at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 17:38:47 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 12:20 PM, Ruslan Sivak <russ at vshift.com> wrote:

> Jeff wrote:

>>> For production use, I can, but currently we are testing these servers,
>>> and I
>>> would like to get them up and running.  Is there a way to load a driver
>>> on
>>> an already running system, or load it for anaconda?  Something similar to
>>> F6
>>> in windows?
>>>

>> Yes, anaconda supports the concept of a driver disk.
>>
>> http://www.centos.org/docs/2/rhl-ig-as-x86-en-2.1/ch-driverdisk.html
>>
>> And 3ware offers a disk image download for 9690SA/RHEL5.
>>

> Thank you.  I noticed that they said in the docs to install by using linux
> dd.  3ware provides a zip file with the drivers, not a disk image, AFAIK.  I
> burned the contents of the zip to a cd, but anaconda fails to recognize it.
>  It keeps complaining about not being able to find a fat or a ext3
> filesystem on the driver disk.
>
> I don't have a floppy drive, only a cdrom and a flash drive.  Do I need to
> get a floppy drive in order for this to work?
> Russ

Perhaps you can download RHEL 5.2 from Red Hat Network, if you are a
customer there will be no problem but if you're not, maybe you can sign out
for 30 day trial and then download the ISOs, burn it and test your box and
share your results, it will be enough time for CentOS 5.2 to be available,
so then you can be sure to run a production system.

https://www.redhat.com/wapps/sso/rhn/login.html?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Frhn.redhat.com%2Frhn%2Fsoftware%2Fchannel%2Fdownloads%2FDownload.do%3Fcid=6949

I got almost the same issue with an Asus mainboard...that's my 2 cents.

Cya.

Victor.