[CentOS] Clustersuite package installation failed in Itanium server

Michael Simpson mikie.simpson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 10:01:56 UTC 2008

On 6/10/08, Balaji <balajisundar at midascomm.com> wrote:
> First I have installed emulator package in itanium server and then only i am
> installing the clustersuite packages
> in itanium server
> But i am getting the following error
> error: %post(package name here) scriptlet failed, exit status 255 and
error:
> %pre(package name here) scriptlet failed, exit status 255 problem

How can i
> rectify this problem.
can u send me the ia64.rpm download path
> Please do the needful.

As a junior doctor working in hospitals i used to get referrals from
family practitioners (GPs) which stated "patient unwell, please do the
needful"

sigh

a quick bit of googling
<www.google.co.uk/search?q=clustersuite+centos+ia64>

gives this

<http://www.open-sharedroot.org/news-archive/yum-channel-for-centos-gfs-and-cluster-suite-for-ia64-available>

this is not a supported repo, will stop you from seeking support from
CentOS, may break your computer, render your harddrive useless, eat
your children &c

if you wish to use it please use the precautions stated here

<http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories?action=show>

mike