[CentOS] Fwd: RHEL5 network throughput/scalability

Bent Terp bent at nagstrup.dk
Fri Jun 13 10:40:01 UTC 2008

> I have an issue with a new cluster setup where the nodes are RHEL5.1(with
> the latest 5.2 kernel), when i try to write NFS data, the nodes scale

Have you tried the latest bz321111 kernel from Johnny?
<http://people.centos.org/hughesjr/kernel/5/>

I have kind of lost faith in RH kernels as far as NFS performance is
concerned - and yes, I know that the bz321111 issue is supposedly
solved in 5.2 but until we can positively confirm that ourselves I
ain't letting it near our production servers

BR Bent