[CentOS] is centos update safe

fabian dacunha fabian at baladia.gov.kw
Thu Jun 26 18:46:06 UTC 2008

Dear All,

I am curently running a CENTOS server with the following setup

CentOS release 5 (Final)
Kernel 2.6.18-8.1.8.el5xen on an i686
bind-9.3.3-10.el5
sendmail-8.13.8-2.el5
apache httpd-2.2.3-11.el5_1.centos.3
MailScanner ver 4.66.5
ClamAV 0.92
SpamAssassin version 3.2.4
SquirrelMail ver 1.4.13

Now all this have been workin perfectly fine for a long time.

now if i do a yum upgrade i see the following

Install     29 Package(s)
Update     415 Package(s)
Remove       0 Package(s)

and the total download size is abt 579 M

i jus wanted to know if i could SAFELY apply the updates since its a live
server running our companys primary DNS and mail server

has any body done this b4

i know the Centos will be upgraded to 5.2

but has anybody applied these updates and its been workin fine after reboot
and also about the various software currently running on the server
apprecite your help and asvise

regards

Fabian

believed to be clean.