[CentOS] Minimized Firefox is not visible on panel in CentOS 5.2

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Fri Jun 27 09:28:59 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-27 at 12:14 +1000, hce wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I opened a Firefox on Desktop, but when I clicked Minimize Window
> button, the Firefox disappeared and there was no icon on the panel, I
> simply could not find it any more (it did not close), this was the
> same for the terminal as well . How can I make the Firefox icon
> visible on panel (or workplaces) even it was minimized?
>
> Thank you.

I don't have a clue as to your problem or solution. But did you use the
the <ALT><TAB> to cycle through the running applications on that
workspace? If FF is still running, you should be able to see it there
and bring it to the foreground.

I've never experienced the problem you describe.

Have you gone through all your preference settings? Maybe there's some
odd thing there that has an effect. I can't see anything though.

Hmmm... This may be a stupid suggestion, but I'll say it anyway. Are
your screen resolutions switchable? When running a lower resolution,
part of the workspace, and so the panel, is out of the viewport. Moving
the mouse to bring the rest of the workspace back into view may show the
missing icon on part of the panel that was offscreen.

> Jim
> <snip>

HTH
--