[CentOS] Minimized Firefox is not visible on panel in CentOS 5.2

hce webmail.hce at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 00:51:03 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 7:28 PM, William L. Maltby
<CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-06-27 at 12:14 +1000, hce wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I opened a Firefox on Desktop, but when I clicked Minimize Window
>> button, the Firefox disappeared and there was no icon on the panel, I
>> simply could not find it any more (it did not close), this was the
>> same for the terminal as well . How can I make the Firefox icon
>> visible on panel (or workplaces) even it was minimized?
>>
>> Thank you.
>
> I don't have a clue as to your problem or solution. But did you use the
> the <ALT><TAB> to cycle through the running applications on that
> workspace? If FF is still running, you should be able to see it there
> and bring it to the foreground.

Yes, I can use the <ALT><TAB> to bring and cycle the applications, but
it was annoying everytime I have to cycle the applications. If I could
use the mouse to click the application on the panel, it saves me lot
of time.

> I've never experienced the problem you describe.
>
> Have you gone through all your preference settings? Maybe there's some
> odd thing there that has an effect. I can't see anything though.

I've never seen that kind of problem either in FC and Debian. I have
no clue what kind of the setting can be used to fix it, appreciate
anyone advice.

> Hmmm... This may be a stupid suggestion, but I'll say it anyway. Are
> your screen resolutions switchable? When running a lower resolution,
> part of the workspace, and so the panel, is out of the viewport. Moving
> the mouse to bring the rest of the workspace back into view may show the
> missing icon on part of the panel that was offscreen.

No the resolutions are not switchable.

Thank you.

Jim