[CentOS] 5.0 -> 5.1

Matt Hyclak hyclak at math.ohiou.edu
Wed Mar 5 17:01:49 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 09:58:27AM -0700, Ashley M. Kirchner enlightened us:
>    Hi folks,
>
>    I have a production server that's currently running 5.0 with all
> updates.  What's the easiest, or perhaps best way to upgrade it to 5.1,
> with minimal down time?  The downtime is critical, so I need to have it
> be a short as possible.  I can live with an hour or two, but larger is
> going to be a pain.
>
>    Suggestions?

5.0 with all updates is equal to 5.1 with all updates. So probably all you
have to do is reboot to the latest kernel.

Unless you've changed the default yum repo files to stay at 5.0 for some
reason, you should already be at 5.1.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak