[CentOS] Re: Curiosity when installing CentOS 5.1 in addition to W98 & WXP - SOLVED

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Tue May 13 22:25:22 UTC 2008

MHR wrote:
> Turns out it looks like the DVD didn't burn quite right (even though
> K3B verified it) and the install aborted about 2/3 of the way through.

if you have a newer '16X' or whatever DVD burner, tell your burning
software to go no faster than 8X, and your disks will be 100% more reliable

the higher speed modes are 'constant angular velocity', while the 8X
mode is 'constant linear velocity', and seems to generate far fewer
errors on the last (outer) part of the disk.    I've found this to be
true with various model burners and various types of blank media.