[CentOS] Re: Curiosity when installing CentOS 5.1 in addition to W98 & WXP - SOLVED

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Tue May 13 22:47:49 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 3:25 PM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:

>  if you have a newer '16X' or whatever DVD burner, tell your burning
> software to go no faster than 8X, and your disks will be 100% more reliable

I've noticed that - in my (now defunct) Emprex 16x burner, the 12x
DVDs were good virtually anywhere, but the 16x DVDs were chancy.  On
my old (even deader) Hammer (Panasonic) burner, it was 8x (didn't
support 12x).

Now I have a Pioneer 18x that supports 12x as the next lowest speed
(!), and a brang new Samsung (TSST) 20x drive that maxes out at a
whopping 2.47x (no kidding - that's my need for the new firmware...).

I'll try an 8x burn and see how that does - almost certainly will be better....

Thanks.

mhr