[CentOS] IPTables help

Fajar Priyanto fajarpri at cbn.net.id
Sat May 24 08:02:05 UTC 2008

On Saturday 24 May 2008 10:25:41 Robert Spangler wrote:
> On Friday 23 May 2008 21:31, Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> >  Actually I have written a small tutorial on iptables, but I haven't
> > translated it into english. I'll let you know when it's done. Hopefully
> > it will be useful for others.
>
> Please have someone, or for that matter a few people, who have a good
> understanding of firewalls look over your tutorial before it is published.
> While you show a basic understanding of how firewalls work you lack the
> knowledge of true security.  Just my observation.

You observation is most welcome, Robert. By all mean, I'm surely not an
expert. Just someone who wants to help other by guiding a little 1 or 2 tiny
steps along the great jungle of Linux knowledge. Everyday is a lesson for me.
So, if you please, I really want to know what true security is.
Thank you.
http://linux2.arinet.org
14:53:39 up 6:42, 2.6.22-14-generic GNU/Linux
The real challenge of teaching is getting your students motivated to learn.