[CentOS] Location of 5.2 .iso without XEN

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 21:09:27 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 12:53 PM, Sam Drinkard <sam at wa4phy.net> wrote:

> Fabian Arrotin wrote:
>>
>> Sam Drinkard wrote:
>>>
>>> Subject pretty much says it all.  I want the 5.2 without the xen kernel. I've grabbed bits from 2 different mirrors and they all appear to have xen on them.  It would be very nice if someone could throw some text into the mirrors file to differentiate the two "versions"..  Oh yeah, I need the x86_64 .iso.
>>
>> I'm not sure i've got the point ... you have the normal kernel and the choice to install xen if you want .. it's up to you : nobody forces you to install it. The same rule applies to Gnome/KDE/etc ;-)
>>
> That's not possible with the DVD I have.. it does not give any option to not install xen.  I'd have to boot back into the DVD but if there is an option to not install it, I've sure missed it.. I will look tho..

Where, o, where did you get that iso?

I've never seen one that forces you to install virtualization - that's
an optional package that is always off unless you specifically select
it in the package options (or just off, if you don't customize right
away).

I'd go back and get another, or download directly from the centos.org
mirror sites.

BTW, I install with both the x86_64 DVD iso and the i386 DVD iso -
depends on the target machine.

HTH

mhr