[CentOS] Location of 5.2 .iso without XEN

Sam Drinkard sam at wa4phy.net
Sat Nov 22 17:35:41 UTC 2008

MHR wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 12:53 PM, Sam Drinkard <sam at wa4phy.net> wrote:
>
>> Fabian Arrotin wrote:

>>> I'm not sure i've got the point ... you have the normal kernel and the choice to install xen if you want .. it's up to you : nobody forces you to install it. The same rule applies to Gnome/KDE/etc ;-)
>>>

>> That's not possible with the DVD I have.. it does not give any option to not install xen.  I'd have to boot back into the DVD but if there is an option to not install it, I've sure missed it.. I will look tho..
>>

> Where, o, where did you get that iso?
>
> I've never seen one that forces you to install virtualization - that's
> an optional package that is always off unless you specifically select
> it in the package options (or just off, if you don't customize right
> away).
>
> I'd go back and get another, or download directly from the centos.org
> mirror sites.
>
> BTW, I install with both the x86_64 DVD iso and the i386 DVD iso -
> depends on the target machine.
>
> HTH
>
> mhr

Actually, I guess I did not know what the virtualization package was.
If it had been called Xen, I know I'd not have installed it, but
essentially looking through the first parts of install (which I'm doing
right now) I see it there, clear as day, and I can assure you, that box
is not checked !  It's very possible I may have had one or two too many
'ritas when I was doing the install and just said the heck with it..
check everything!  Now, if I wind up with a kernel with xen in it, I'm
gonna wonder why, 'cause I sure as heck don't want it.  As for the where
on the DVD, I think that one came from gatech.

Sam