[CentOS] pxe menu help

Joseph L. Casale JCasale at activenetwerx.com
Thu Sep 4 04:27:31 UTC 2008

>I haven't tried esx 3i myself yet, but kickstarting ESX 3
>was similar to red hat kickstart with anaconda and stuff,
>I did all my configuration by hand afterwards because of
>the trunked/tagged network ports which aren't compatible
>with PXE, and I surely didn't want to risk an automated
>install to run with multiple LUNs exposed from the SAN to
>the system!

Well you don't "install" 3i with this process, you just deploy
it and run it. The config is premade, or made at first deploy then
extracted and pushed out, so its safe.

Should be fun, this will allow me to free a lun for vmfs instead of
the hypervisor and to make upgrades easy to go to and from with.

jlc