[CentOS] Configuring an Intel 3945 wireless card: partial success

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 18:03:51 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 7:55 AM, Niki Kovacs <contact at kikinovak.net> wrote:

> Any idea why NetworkManager refuses to connect to my network?
>
> Niki

If I remember, you are using the ipw3945 module.  This is being
deprecated and replaced by iwl3945.  While the new one might not fix
your problem, it wouldn't hurt to try it.  In my case, ipw3945 did not
work but iwl3945 did.

Trouble is that the iwl3945 module is disabled in the distro kernel.
However, it is enabled in the centosplus kernel.  So, the quickest way
to test it is to install the cplus kernel.

Akemi