[CentOS] Don't forget to use torrents for your downloads!

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Thu Apr 2 16:38:19 UTC 2009

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Sorin Srbu wrote:
>
>> According to wifey, I'm one of those insatiably curious ones. ;-) Anyway,
>> that's a lot of data being shuffled! You don't see that kind of TB-amounts
>> everyday, at least I don't.
>>

> here is a bit more trivia for those interested: the 4 main 'seeds' that
> came up were each running with 100mbps open uplinks. Atleast one person
> in the early stages was running at 200 odd mbps.

geez, makes me wonder if I should even bother to leave mine running with
a 50kbyte/sec uplink ca (thats about 500kbps)...   if I raise the cap
much higher, it seriously throttles my home network (6Mbps in, 700k
out)... I know, I know, I should implement some form of QoS or packet
prioritization at my firewall.