[CentOS] company exchange server & exim best practices.

Markus Falb markus.falb at fasel.at
Sat Apr 4 10:56:39 UTC 2009

On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 11:13:50 +0200, Rudi Ahlers wrote:

> Thanx Michel, but how todo this on Exim? :) lemme see if I can find
> similar scenarios for Exim, now that I know what to look for.

basically a manualroute router like this could do

smart_host:

        driver = manualroute
        domains = blabla
        transport = remote_smtp
        route_list = * name_of_exchange_server
        ignore_target_hosts = 0.0.0.0 : 127.0.0.0/8
        self = defer

and a transport referred to

remote_smtp:
  driver = smtp

see also at http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/
ch20.html

when you are responsible for an exim server i recommend reading the exim
manual. although, there is a whole lot to read, i know. no offends
please ;-)