[CentOS] company exchange server & exim best practices.

Rudi Ahlers rudiahlers at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 16:25:39 UTC 2009

On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 12:56 PM, Markus Falb <markus.falb at fasel.at> wrote:
> On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 11:13:50 +0200, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
>
>> Thanx Michel, but how todo this on Exim? :) lemme see if I can find
>> similar scenarios for Exim, now that I know what to look for.
>
> basically a manualroute router like this could do
>
> smart_host:
>
>        driver = manualroute
>        domains = blabla
>        transport = remote_smtp
>        route_list = * name_of_exchange_server
>        ignore_target_hosts = 0.0.0.0 : 127.0.0.0/8
>        self = defer
>
> and a transport referred to
>
> remote_smtp:
>  driver = smtp
>
> see also at http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/
> ch20.html
>
> when you are responsible for an exim server i recommend reading the exim
> manual. although, there is a whole lot to read, i know. no offends
> please ;-)

Thanx, no offense taken :)

Unfortunately I don't have the time to read through every piece of
software I use's manual. And if do,I often don't take in 100% of the
manual. I'd rather focus on learning the important things that I need
to know.

I'll give this router option a go and see how it works.

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers