[CentOS] Trouble with 5.2==>5.3 upgrade

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Wed Apr 8 18:22:47 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 12:19:42PM -0500, Blake Hudson wrote:
> [...]

I actually tried "yum --disableplugin=fastestmirror" and it did not make
any difference.

Since the error says "did not match intended download" I'm guessing that
some of the metadata contains the sha1sum (or similar) and the downloaded
file had the wrong sum. I'm further guessing that it may be an error in
the metadata (if that's where it's store, I don't really know).

I finally, as someone else suggested, downloaded the desired kernel file
from one of the mirrors, did "rpm -uvh" on it followed by "yum -y update"
and it all applied without complaint.