[CentOS] repository for mod_security

Sat Apr 25 02:39:49 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 3:26 PM, Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey at buc.com> wrote:
> I want to add mod_security to my Apache server running CentOS 5.3 and am
> trying to find a repository to get it from.  I found it in EPEL, but
> they have version 2.1.7, which is over a year old according to what I
> found on the modsecurity.org website.  Is there a repository which is
> keeping this up to date?  Or should I just build it from source?

Would be nice, if you could just use "yum install mod_security" which
is what they show on page 150 of the NSA manual about hardening RHEL
5, but if it isn't in the yum repositories....  You've already been to
the modsecurity.org web site which they also reference.  Once you have
it installed, they have some configuration suggestions. They also
suggest installing DOS protection module(s). GL