[CentOS] 5.3 on an EeePC??

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 20:37:19 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 11:55 AM, Beartooth <Beartooth at comcast.net> wrote:

>        I have an ASUS EeePC 701 (with 2GB of RAM and an 8 GB card), on
> which I've installed CentOS on the hard-drive-plus-card. But it can't
> even use my eth0.
>
>   Anybody know what drivers (for wireless as well as ethernet cable) I
> need, and how/where to get ones to fit CentOS??

Run /sbin/lspci and find the hardware info for your wired / wireless
device.  Then search the CentOS wiki.  For example, if you see
"AR5007EG", there is a wiki page for that:

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Laptops/WirelessAR5007EG

If you also see "Atheros", there is a good chance that you can find
the latest driver that is available as the kernel module at the ElRepo
repository ( http://elrepo.org ).  For example, if your device
requires the atl2 driver, you can install it by (after installing the
repo):

yum --enablerepo=elrepo install kmod-atl2

Hope this helps,

Akemi