[CentOS] Web

Sun Aug 2 16:48:32 UTC 2009

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 8:41 AM, madunix<madunix at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have the following issues on a website, would like to know how would
> you resolve these issue?

In a later post, I think you said you had about 150 errors, when you
ran it through an HTML validation check. Sounds like it was produced
with something like M$ FrontPage 2000, which I am still using on 2 of
our web sites and is known to produce terrible HTML.

<snip>
> 2- Search engine need to be optimized.

The Meta Keywords Tag
The Meta Keywords Tag should contain ONLY keywords which are also
found in the viewable text on the page and be 874 characters or less
in length (less is better).
Make sure all keywords are found in the viewable text on the web page!
I believe 20 keywords is the maximum suggested.
Google AdWords Keyword Tool is described on this URL:
http://www.wordstream.com/adwords-keyword-tool
https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

You want a robots.txt file - http://www.robotstxt.org/
Information about robtots.txt file on this URL:
http://www.robotstxt.org/robotstxt.html

Good information about creating Meta Tags on this URL:
http://www.metatags.org/create_metatags
Better if Meta Tag "title" begins with a word that starts with A, B or C

Below URL for KompoZer WYSIWYG HTML editor
http://www.thesitewizard.com/topics/kompozer.shtm
I've recently begun using KompoZer (on CentOS 5.3) for a new web site
and it produces much better HTML.   :-)

> 5- Web page delay, a lot of objects.

Try to keep it as clean and simple as is possible, so it will load
more quickly. Slow loading pages discourage visitors and the majority
of them will leave, before the page finishes loading.

<snip>

> 7- web not compatible with Firefox

That is impossible to accept. If it is not a configuration setting in
the program you have used to create the web site, you must begin using
another, up to date program.   HTH