[CentOS] virt-manager crashes Host during installation of guest

Ian Murray murrayie at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 18 22:09:00 UTC 2009

----- Original Message ----

Personally, I use the technique described in the Wiki  - http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Xen/InstallingCentOSDomU

It has worked flawlessly for me every time. Once you have one install config file and one for running, you can easily make copies to accommodate extra guests. You don't have to do the kickstart bit if you're happy to select your options at install time, like a normal install.

When I did first use virt-manager, it seemed okay. I didn't want to become dependent on a GUI tool, though.

xen-user list is a good place for further Xen specific advice.

I would also recommend using the Xen hypervisor and tools at the gitco repository. http://www.gitco.de/repo/