[CentOS] Suggestion for Server Room monitoring

John Hinton webmaster at ew3d.com
Mon Feb 16 16:54:42 UTC 2009

Robert wrote:
> Fajar Priyanto wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> I have a situation like this:
>> Our little server room is always on. It has an air conditioning unit,
>> but barely enough.
>> So sometimes during weekend, the temperature could reach unhealthy
>> level, like 29 degree Celsius.
>> Currently, there's no personnel to monitor it 24 hours a day.
>> I'm thinking of using a tool to monitor the temperature, and then send
>> sms/email when it reaches certain threshold.
>> Anyone has an idea? Could be software based or hardware one.
>> Thank you.
>>

> Depending on the stakes, you might consider a solution from
> http://www.sensaphone.com/
> They have a wide range of units at a wide range of costs.

I was just getting ready to post this! They have great products. The
sensors available are widespread... heat, cold, noise, motion, water,
electric.... You program it to call a list of numbers... until one of
those folks calls it back, it keeps trying. You can listen to the room
from the phone. Really neat system and not a huge amount of money.
Basically, it is a burglar system as well... can detect intrusions.

John Hinton