[CentOS] Email/GroupWare Suite

Ed Westphal enwestph at rochester.rr.com
Wed Jan 7 20:23:08 UTC 2009

Bo Lynch wrote:
> Just wanted to get some thoughts from the list.....
>
> We are a public k-12 school and are looking to migrate to a groupware
> style system for out staff to collaborate better. Currently we are using
> Squirrelmail/postfix for email. Does anyone have any
> recommendations/opinions. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
> Thank you
> --
> Bo Lynch
> Systems Administrator
> RedHat Academy Instructor
> Energy Manager
> Amelia County Public Schools

I may start a war here, but I'm going to recommend Lotus Notes / Domino
as the collaborative software for you. I've had quite a bit of
experience with it in a large multi-national company. It can definitely
handle all that you may want to throw at it. It does have some draw
backs - what doesn't? IBM / Lotus can give your people a great deal of
support while they get their legs underneath them. I'm not going to
swear to it, but I think they can extend some pretty good terms to
public schools. There are all kinds of specialized add-ons as well.
Development tools are pretty robust as well.

Ed Westphal