[CentOS] OT: Digital Video Editor for CentOS 5.2 - Suggestions?

Fri Jan 30 21:40:04 UTC 2009

> <snip>
>
>> Brilliant! Thanks, Lanny, for sharing the lovely story.  It is always
>> nice to know that someone ditches the other OS and comes to Linux to
>> get jobs done.  From what you told us, your wife is no doubt a smart
>> lady.  I have yet to learn it (I know I'm behind) but I am already
>> benefiting from it via my video expert friend.

Akemi: She's *much* smarter than I am. Although, she says the only
person smarter than she is is me, because I married her. I installed
the Samsung software that came with the Camcorder and Windows Movie
Maker and 1 or 2 other applications on Windows today and none of them
can even open the .vob file. I cannot explain this to you other than
to say that Cinelerra is more intuitively obvious to use, although it
is extremely complex. I will need to RFM much much more than my wife,
to get the hang of Cinelerra. Still not sure why it produces an .xml
file instead of .avi or something else, but if I RFM, I will probably
figure that out. Some easy step(s) that we don't know about yet.
Lanny