[CentOS] OT: Digital Video Editor for CentOS 5.2 - Suggestions?

Joseph L. Casale JCasale at activenetwerx.com
Sat Jan 31 00:06:03 UTC 2009

>Still not sure why it produces an .xml
>file instead of .avi or something else, but if I RFM, I will probably
>figure that out.

Welcome to Non-linear video editing, I haven't read up on Cinelerra but
it saves an xml file since while you are working in a project, you are
not touching your data. Outside of a *very* large computer, raw dv is
useless but every time you encode it, you lose quality. It would be a very bad
idea to encode each time you save, which would also make saves unbearably
long.

When you are done your "project" you then export(encode) it to a format
you so desire.

HTH,
jlc