[CentOS] how to debug random server reboots

Wed Jun 3 22:35:47 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 1:53 AM, Rudi Ahlers <rudiahlers at gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
> It's a rented server from a 3rd party who feels that it's not their
> problem. Seems I need to get a new server, from someone else.

Do you have an SLA from the provider? If you look for a Dedicated box
from another provider, I suggest that you check out the offers on
<http://www.webhostingtalk.com/> and then carefully read the reviews
of any providers you begin to consider and ask questions of the
providers you consider. I've seen photos on the blog of OLM and I know
how they have a ton of spares. HW does break. It's very common. Easy
for them to point fingers and blame it on your SW, but if it turns out
to be HW, move.....