[CentOS] Server Build Example

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Fri Jun 5 22:19:51 UTC 2009

On Fri, 05 Jun 2009 18:03:58 -0400
gene.poole at macys.com wrote:

> I'm coming from the Fedora arena and I want to build, what I would call, a
> production server.  I'm to the point where I don't want to upgrade every
> 6-months.  I'm running Oracle DB 11g, a Tomcat/JBoss hybrid application
> server, and several other server type functions.
>
> Is there an example of building a server that boots into init3?

Since you apparently already know how to install the software that you want to
run on Fedora, what kind of an example are you looking for?  Centos is pretty
much the same as Fedora administration-wise, so what works on Fedora should
work on Centos.

My servers are Centos and my desktops and laptops are a mixture of Fedora and
Centos and there's not a lot of difference between them.