[CentOS] Server Build Example

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Sat Jun 6 00:10:30 UTC 2009

Lucian at lastdot.org wrote:
> I'm no Oracle user/expert, but isn't Oracle DB 11g free (as in beer)?
> So my take is he's not paying anything.

AFAIK, its only free for your initial development work.  As soon as you
deploy a production app, you have to get support, and as soon as you
have a support contract, you can no longer run any free instances,
except the lightweight 'express' version which is limited to very small
databases with only a few connections and doesn't have any of the
enterprise functions.