[CentOS] Server Build Example

gene.poole at macys.com gene.poole at macys.com
Mon Jun 8 15:16:01 UTC 2009

pierce at hogranch.com wrote:
> AFAIK, its only free for your initial development work.  As soon as you
> deploy a production app, you have to get support, and as soon as you
> have a support contract, you can no longer run any free instances,
> except the lightweight 'express' version which is limited to very small
> databases with only a few connections and doesn't have any of the
> enterprise functions.

Let me absolutely clear on this, when I say 'production' I'm speaking
about my personal home network only. This network consists of a very few
machines with very limited access to the outside world. I use it for my
education and experience only. So production, to me, is a environment I
don't want to update more than once a year.

Thanks,
Gene Poole