[CentOS] OT: Viewer for .docx M$ WORD files?

Tue Jun 9 21:08:12 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 3:25 PM, Filipe
Brandenburger<filbranden at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is there a Viewer for .docx   M$ WORD files? If so, where can I get
>> it? This file type cannot be opened with OpenOffice.org 2.3.    TIA!
>
> I'm successfully using the RPM distribution of OpenOffice 3.1
> available from the openoffice.org website. I'm even using it on CentOS
> 4 machines and it's working OK!
<snip>
Filipe: Thank you for the very quick and very detailed reply. Much
appreciated! Follow on questions: (a) Should I uninstall the
OpenOffice.org 2.3 group  I installed with the distro? (If so, can you
give me the yum command to uninstall the entire OpenOffice.org group?)
(b) If I should leave OO 2.3 as is, should I install OpenOffice 3.1
into /usr/local?   Lanny