[CentOS] OT: Viewer for .docx M$ WORD files?

Wed Jun 10 15:51:47 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 10:21 PM, Filipe
Brandenburger<filbranden at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Please give me the rpm or yum command that will uninstall OO 2.3, and
>> leave OO 3.1 in place.
<snip>
> # rpm -e $(rpm -qa openoffice.org-\*-2.3.0-\*)
> If that does not work, it might be easier to just uninstall everything
> and start over again:

Filipe:  No joy with that command:
[root at dell2400 ~]# rpm -e $(rpm -qa openoffice.org-\*-2.3.0-\*)
rpm: no packages given for erase
[root at dell2400 ~]#

But, as I was writing a reply to you, I got an idea, which was to use
your syntax, with "yum remove" and it did remove 10 packages.     :-)
<snip>
> (then install the RPM for GNOME integration)

OK. I have OpenOffice.org Writer 3.1 open.    :-)
There is a big problem with the way the .docx file was displayed. It
is not pretty. I can see most or all of the words, but they are not
where they should be. A formatting problem that I can fix?

Thank you, again, for sharing your time and expertise.  Much
appreciated!   Lanny