[CentOS] How to reply to a digest

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Thu Jun 11 11:48:25 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 07:42:28 AM -0400, David McGuffey wrote:

> So...what is the appropriate way to respond when one is receiving
> the digest version?

It probably is to automatically split the digest into the original,
separate message as soon as it arrives, using procmail or
formail. Search for "procmail split digests" and you'll find
several explanations.

This said, I really have to ask: do whatever you like as long as you
don't break threads but... why on Earth do you use digests? Are you
with an ISP which limits how many messages you can receive per day?
That's the only valid reasons I've ever read for digests in ~15 years
of email usage...

Just curious,
		Marco Fioretti
software is used *around* you:            http://digifreedom.net/node/84