[CentOS] Problems with Broadcom 4312 wireless

Bart Schaefer barton.schaefer at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 15:14:17 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 4:54 AM, David
McGuffey<davidmcguffey at verizon.net> wrote:
> Last problem is with the Broadcom 4312 wireless device.  Again, did some
> research and found two ways.  One was the Broadcom provided Linux
> driver, and the other was the guidance on how to use fw-cutter from
> linuxwireless.com.

There are some possibly-related notes on this page in the wiki:

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Laptops/HP/Pavilion-ze5300_Series

Short summary: neither bcm43xx nor ndiswrapper are a perfect solution,
and you may need to blacklist the bcm43xx driver to use ndiswrapper.

That wiki entry was originally written for CentOS 5.0.  I'm currently
running 5.3 with the supplied bcm43xx driver and it has some problems
with duplicate/dropped packets so the performance is suboptimal, but
it does work.