[CentOS] which programming language for server-side admin tasks

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 17:16:05 UTC 2009

Karanbir Singh wrote:

> Given that large numbers of java people are jumping ship into the ruby
> camp, I dont know how much of that is really true anymore.

With Red Hat's history of shipping 'something like java' that doesn't
really execute java code, that doesn't seem too surprising.  And maybe
it is too late to fix now.

> More and more
> of the companies that I know about ( specially the really smart ones )
> are either already on ruby for a significant portion of their work, or
> are in the process of moving.

A guy using it here seems to have some version dependencies that take
code changes after ruby updates, but maybe that's a learning curve
instead of language instability.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com