[CentOS] which programming language for server-side admin tasks

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Jun 15 18:33:34 UTC 2009

On 06/15/2009 06:16 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
>> More and more
>> of the companies that I know about ( specially the really smart ones )
>> are either already on ruby for a significant portion of their work, or
>> are in the process of moving.
>
> A guy using it here seems to have some version dependencies that take
> code changes after ruby updates, but maybe that's a learning curve
> instead of language instability.

I wont be surprised, also rubygems is just cpan done even worse than
cpan ever was. Its surprising that amongst such smart people, they all
still foot pedal something that is just so broken by design ( look at it
this way, they didnt realise there could be something like 'arch' for a
long time, even now - by design gem is completely arch blind )