[CentOS] Welcome to the "CentOS" mailing list

Justin Bull justin.bull at sohipitmhz.com
Tue Jun 16 03:01:35 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 7:52 PM, Sagar Koirala<sagar.koirala at gmail.com> wrote:
> My apologies for posting an already solved problem, but dont know if its my
> ignorance that is not getting me to my desired results.....trying to mount
> an external usb hard drive(ntfs) in my system.

As far as I know you just run the following command as root:

# mount -t ntfs-3g /dev/sda1 /mnt/windows

Where /dev/sda1 is the location of your USB media and /mnt/windows is
where you want your mountpoint to be.

> The hard drive shows in GUI, but doesn't open or mount as I expected.

I didn't see you run the above mount command, what did you do to mount
the device?

--
Best Regards,

Justin Bull