[CentOS] Welcome to the "CentOS" mailing list

Sagar Koirala sagar.koirala at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 03:06:34 UTC 2009

Thank you for your reply. I tried to give the mount command but got back
some errors, here is the detail

[root at Production mnt]# mount -t ntfs-3g /dev/sdb1 /mnt/usbdrive

FATAL: Module fuse not found.
Error reading bootsector: Input/output error
Failed to mount '/dev/sdb1': Input/output error
NTFS is either inconsistent, or there is a hardware fault, or it's a
SoftRAID/FakeRAID hardware. In the first case run chkdsk /f on Windows
then reboot into Windows twice. The usage of the /f parameter is very
important! If the device is a SoftRAID/FakeRAID then first activate
it and mount a different device under the /dev/mapper/ directory, (e.g.
/dev/mapper/nvidia_eahaabcc1). Please see the 'dmraid' documentation
for more details.

Thanks.