[CentOS] Cyrus IMAP and ipurge

Spiro Harvey spiro at knossos.net.nz
Wed Jun 17 02:19:16 UTC 2009

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 20:53:58 -0500
Jeff <jlar310 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can't help much with ipurge. I never did like how it works. I have
> chosen a different approach using the cyradm mboxconfig command to
> set the expire option on each mailbox as needed. The 'expire' option
> is set-it-and-forget-it. Yet this approach lacks managability. There
> is no quick and easy way to survey all of your user mailboxes to
> check the expire option settings.

Thanks Jeff. I thought that the expire mboxconfig setting required
running of the cyr_expire program to trigger it, but I could never
figure out why it forces you to include the expiry age on the command
line when the mailbox folders have that info already.

--
Spiro Harvey                  Knossos Networks Ltd
021-295-1923                    www.knossos.net.nz