[CentOS] Cyrus IMAP and ipurge

Agnello George agnello.dsouza at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 09:31:15 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 1:21 PM, Agnello George <agnello.dsouza at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 7:49 AM, Spiro Harvey <spiro at knossos.net.nz>wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 20:53:58 -0500
>> Jeff <jlar310 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Can't help much with ipurge. I never did like how it works. I have
>> > chosen a different approach using the cyradm mboxconfig command to
>> > set the expire option on each mailbox as needed. The 'expire' option
>> > is set-it-and-forget-it. Yet this approach lacks managability. There
>> > is no quick and easy way to survey all of your user mailboxes to
>> > check the expire option settings.
>>
>> Thanks Jeff. I thought that the expire mboxconfig setting required
>> running of the cyr_expire program to trigger it, but I could never
>> figure out why it forces you to include the expiry age on the command
>> line when the mailbox folders have that info already.
>>

>> i too have a similar query  i too need to delet messages older than 3 days
> .
> in my /etc/cyru.conf i have a entry like this
> delprune cmd="cyr_expire -E 3" at=0400
> would this mean that the messages in(  /var/spool/imap/a/users/abp/* )
> older than 3 days get deleted ?
> thank you !!
>

> Hi again
now i have even tried  ipurge
the contnet of /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/ipurge /var/spool/t/user/test123/  ia as
follows
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7.
10. 20. 30. 40. 50. 60. 70.
11. 21. 31. 41. 51. 61. 71.
12. 22. 32. 42. 52. 62. 72.
13. 23. 33. 43. 53. 63. 73.
14. 24. 34. 44. 54. 64. 74.
15. 25. 35. 45. 55. 65. 8.
16. 26. 36. 46. 56. 66. 9.
17. 27. 37. 47. 57. 67. cyrus.cache
18. 28. 38. 48. 58. 68. cyrus.header
19. 29. 39. 49. 59. 69. cyrus.index

i tried :
/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/ipurge -C /etc/imapd.conf -f -d 0
/varspool/imap/t/user/test123/
( i have done this as cyrus user )
but this does not seem to delete the mail box
can some one help me here . !!
--
Regards
Agnello D'souza