[CentOS] Cyrus IMAP and ipurge

Spiro Harvey spiro at knossos.net.nz
Wed Jun 17 21:16:20 UTC 2009

> > i too have a similar query  i too need to delet messages older than
> > 3 days
> .
> in my /etc/cyru.conf i have a entry like this
> delprune cmd="cyr_expire -E 3" at=0400
> would this mean that the messages
> in(  /var/spool/imap/a/users/abp/* ) older than 3 days get deleted ?

It doesn't seem to (which you could ascertain if you see any messages
older than 3 days in your mailbox).

I have this option enabled too, so it must only expire messages (or
folders) marked for expiry. But it clearly doesn't use the "Expire"
option for mailboxes, because that sets an age separately. So I'm still
unsure how the pieces in this puzzle are designed to fit together.

--
Spiro Harvey                  Knossos Networks Ltd
021-295-1923                    www.knossos.net.nz