[CentOS] Cyrus IMAP and ipurge

Agnello George agnello.dsouza at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 03:50:32 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 2:46 AM, Spiro Harvey <spiro at knossos.net.nz> wrote:

> > > i too have a similar query  i too need to delet messages older than
> > > 3 days
> > .
> > in my /etc/cyru.conf i have a entry like this
> > delprune cmd="cyr_expire -E 3" at=0400
> > would this mean that the messages
> > in(  /var/spool/imap/a/users/abp/* ) older than 3 days get deleted ?
>
> It doesn't seem to (which you could ascertain if you see any messages
> older than 3 days in your mailbox).
>
> I have this option enabled too, so it must only expire messages (or
> folders) marked for expiry. But it clearly doesn't use the "Expire"
> option for mailboxes, because that sets an age separately. So I'm still
> unsure how the pieces in this puzzle are designed to fit together.

i was  finally able to purge my old mail using ipurge ...
su cyrus -c "(/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/ipurge -f -d 7 user.netserv )"
i was trying to do it the wron way before !! ......... i written a script
and added tp my cron to run every 3 times in a week ,!!
Thanks for all the help !!

--
Regards
Agnello D'souza