[CentOS] card reader not responding

Michael Klinosky mpk2 at enter.net
Sat Jun 20 16:47:48 UTC 2009

nate wrote:
> You can try to find the drivers yourself and compile them from
> source but I think for you is probably more trouble than it's
> worth given my impression of your linux experience.

Ok - the curious / adventurous part of me wants to know if that's all
I'd have to do. Not that I'm considering it ... well, maybe, down the
road a ways.

> Some phones like my Sanyo can present themselves as USB storage
> to a computer as well when connected. I'm not sure if your phone
> can, if so that could be another option.

I'd need a cable to go that route.

Actually, using that card with the laptop isn't a requirement - just
figured it'd be nice. Anyway, I have a tower with an everything-card
reader, which (I believe) is USB. I just have to put the machine into
service.