[CentOS] RHEL, centos and seeing if i now understand this

Tom G. Christensen tgc at statsbiblioteket.dk
Wed Jun 24 07:51:10 UTC 2009

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   the issue was not what support was available from *redhat*, it was
> trying to clarify what was available from the *centos* community.
> but thanks for playing.

It simple really, you want guaranteed support that gets your problems
solved you pay for RHEL.
If you want to do it on the cheap then you run CentOS and get support
from a random bunch of people on a maillist where half of the
participants haven't got a clue and hope to not piss of the people who do.
I'll give you a hint though, "consultants" selling CentOS solutions and
expecting the list to provide commercial grade support for them will
tend to piss people off.

-tgc