[CentOS] Use 8GB RAM on Pentium D?

Neil Aggarwal neil at JAMMConsulting.com
Thu Jun 25 04:11:26 UTC 2009

Tim:

The 5015P-TR uses the Super PDSMP-i motherboard.
The 5015M-MR uses the Super PDSMi motherboard.

They are slightly different but they both
use the Intel E7230 (Mukilteo) Smithfield chipset.

That gives me a LOT of confidence that 8 GB of RAM
will work on my machine.

Thanks for the info!

	Neil

Eliminate junk email and reclaim your inbox.
Visit http://www.spammilter.com for details.

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf
Of Tim Nelson
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 10:37 PM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: Re: [CentOS] Use 8GB RAM on Pentium D?

Just to come in a bit late on this one...

I have a couple of Supermicro 5015M-MR units which are similar to yours...
maybe even using the exact same motherboard. I run them with Pentium D's and
8GB of RAM. IIRC these boxen support ECC or Non-ECC, just not mixed. Mine
are running non-ECC and they work GREAT!

--Tim